National Websites & Resources
- About Kids Health :Trusted answers from The Hospital for Sick Children.
- Canadian Education Association (CEA) is a network of passionate educators advancing ideas for greater student and teacher engagement in public education.
- Canadian Partnership Against Cancer (CPAC) : is an independent organization funded by the federal government to accelerate action on cancer control for all Canadians. The Partnership works with cancer experts, charitable organizations, governments, cancer agencies, national health organizations, patients, survivors and others to implement Canada's cancer control strategy.
- Canadian School Boards Association (CSBA) : The CSBA members are provincial school boards associations that represent just over 250 school boards serving more than three million elementary and secondary school students across Canada. The CSBA advocates educational success for each and every student and promotes the value of locally elected school boards. We maximize our actions through collaboration, information sharing and new communications technologies.
- Canadian Teachers' Federation (CTF) :is a national alliance of provincial and territorial teacher organizations that represent nearly 200,000 elementary and secondary school teachers across Canada. CTF is also a member of the international body of teachers, Education International (www.ei-ie.org).
- Chronic Disease Prevention Alliance of Canada (CDPAC) : is a network of national organizations who share a common vision for an integrated system of research, surveillance, policies, and programs for maintaining health and prevention of chronic disease in Canada.
- Health Canada :Health Canada is the Federal department responsible for helping Canadians maintain and improve their health, while respecting individual choices and circumstances.
- ParticipACTION: is a national not-for-profit organization solely dedicated to inspiring and supporting active living and sport participation for Canadians.
- Physical and Health Education (PHE) Canada: We strive to achieve our vision by supporting schools in becoming "Health Promoting Schools", that include the provision of Quality Daily Physical Education and fostering healthy school communities. We support schools through a range of programs, resources and initiatives.
- Promoting Relationships and Eliminating Violence Network (PREVNet) :is a coalition of Canadians concerned about bullying. The primary goal of PREVNet is to translate and exchange knowledge about bullying to enhance awareness, to provide assessment and intervention tools, and to promote policy related to the problems of bullying.
Veale J, Saewyc E, Frohard-Dourlent H, Dobson S, Clark B & the Canadian Trans Youth Health Survey Research Group (2015). Being Safe, Being Me: Results of the Canadian Trans Youth Health Survey. Vancouver, BC: Stigma and Resilience Among Vulnerable Youth Centre, School of Nursing, University of British Columbia.
CCSA (Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse)
Cross Canada Report on Student Alcohol and Drug Use, Technical Report (2011)
When Eating Disorders and Substance Abuse Problems Collide, developed in partnership with the National Eating Disorders Information Centre
When Mental Health and Youth Substance Abuse Problems Collide , developed in partnership with the Ontario Centre of Excellence for Child and Youth Mental Health
Comprehensive School Health Core Documents